10 Reasons Why Celebrating International Yoga Day is Good for You and Your Business
Image credits – Flickr
If you work in a Yoga or health-related field, then celebrating International Yoga Day may be just what the doctor ordered. A perfect time to socialize and meet people who both enjoy and are invested in the same things as you, you also give yourself the chance to find out about many things you did not know about before. International Yoga Day works to celebrate this field of physical activity, all the while bringing about awareness, and encouraging more and more people to practice Yoga. As someone who supports Yoga, by celebrating the International Yoga day, you immerse yourself in surroundings that benefit not just your taste in Yoga but your taste for business as well. Here is a list of ten reasons why celebrating International Yoga day is good for you and your business:
- Meet like-minded people: No business stands by its own. We live in a community where people are important, and interacting with them is a way of life. By meeting new and exciting people who like the same things you do, you give yourself the chance to broaden your horizons and learn something new.
- Learn new kinds of Yoga: Celebrating International Yoga day is good for doing research as well. No individual automatically knows every single asana. And it is by going to events such as these that we allow ourselves to learn something new. If you are a Yoga teacher, then you can even consider using some of the new asanas you learned here and teaching that in class.
- Market research: This is also a good time to better gauge both the people who love Yoga in your area, as well as the competition. You can freely interact with both, trying to understand where you can improve your company and how well you are placed in your current situation.
- Practice what you love: Not only do you get the opportunity to learn more about the subject you love, you get the chance to practice it as well. And that too among a crowd who love Yoga as much as you do. You can spend the whole day engaging with Yoga and learning more about what it can do for you.
- Advertise: You can always advertise your Yoga venture here. And in an area swarming with people who love Yoga, you are sure to draw a lot of attention. If you have a good business up and running, you can draw a bigger crowd by advertising yourself in the right way.
- Help spread awareness: International Yoga day is all about celebrating Yoga and spreading awareness so that more and more people choose to be a part of the journey. By helping to spread among people the benefits of Yoga and why they should do Yoga, you may help garner interest that can help transform lives dramatically.
- Meet people in the industry: Meeting and interacting with people who make a living out of Yoga is not something we have the benefit of doing every day. So now that you have an event that brings all these people together, what better place to network and increase your connections?
- Develop your skills: No one is an expert and everyone needs both time and help to improve their skills. You will be exposed to ideas and information during the International Yoga day that can help you develop your weak points and work towards developing your skills.
- Spread your own knowledge: What you know about the subject is as important to the celebrations as what others know about it. By disseminating what you know, you add to a discussion and help in dispersing the Yoga culture.
- Celebrate together: The whole point of having a day to celebrate Yoga is to bring together people who love it enough to make time for it outside of their busy schedule. It is an event worth coming to, and it gives you the opportunity to meet people who both invest in and work in the Yoga community.